Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Uhh, what am I doing here!?!

Well, here I am...in the midst of a deployment in the dead of winter, in Kansas.  My snow shoveler is currently in the sandbox and I'm here running around, Tuesday through Saturday, like a crazy person.  Alone.  

Perhaps I should introduce myself and explain (if anyone should ever read this thing) who I and why I am here.

My name is Laura and I am an Army wife.  I am so many other things than this title, but it's a big one.  And one that resonates with so many people.  To many ladies, you know what this means without me ever having to say another word.  To those that have never had the pleasure of experiencing this fierce sisterhood I will tell you...There's nothing like it in the world!  To me, being an Army wife means seeing heroism first hand each and every day.  To see that there is good in this world and people willing to sacrifice everything they have for someone they've never even met.  It also means tearful farewells, long separations and months of waiting and praying that the one you love comes home safely.  It also means to make new friends only to turn around and have to say "See ya on down the road", with each move.  It means having to suck it up when you don't like something and it also means accepting the fact that at the end of the day, when the Army comes a callin', it comes first regardless of how it fits into your plans.  But like I said, there's nothing else in this world like it and I know that this is exactly where God intended for us to be.

But there's something else that makes me shine with even more pride...my family!  My husband, Mike and I, have been married for going on 10 amazing years.  God knows I love that man more today than I did the day we took our vows.  We have two of the most amazing kids - Caleb & Maddy.  They are the second aspect of my blog title - Crazy Mom.  These are two of the busiest kids around and we thrive on that.  Between soccer, basketball, cheer, scouts & awanas programs our weeks are pretty full.  They keep me going, especially while Mike is deployed.  They have the best personalities and I love watching them grow into their own skin.  They certainly make life and adventure.  Albeit, one where the end result is me with a lot of gray hair.

And now we reach - Puppy Tamer.....which is exactly what I feel like every day.  We have a 10 week old Yellow Lab named Paisley and Oh my God.....It's like having a baby!  I don't think I've ever said No, Drop, Stop so much in my life.  She's lucky she's cute!  She's totally set on a schedule and every morning when I wake up it's feels like the movie "Groundhog Day" - same thing every..single..day.  But she is the sunshine in our lives on these dreary Kansas, winter days. 

Now.  Why am I here, you might ask.  What is the point of this blog?  Lord knows there are enough military wife themed blogs, right?  Well, this one is just for me.  Well, me and anyone else who might get something out of it.  I have an amazing life and one that allows me to see and be a part of so many things.  But some days I just feel lost.  Hence the Lost Laura.  I sometimes feel lost if the shuffle of everyday life.  I've lost my passion for it.  My life is full of have to's and not enough want-to's.  It's not too often that I get time to myself so that is part of the reason why I am writing this thing.  I'm hoping it will be therapeutic to put "pen to paper" so to speak.  With Mike recently deployed, this might be just the outlet for my pent up steam or random thoughts.  I guess we'll see.

3 comments:

  1. welcome to the blogging world!!! Would it be okay with you if I recommend your blog on mine and post a link?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Robyn! It's something that I've thought about doing for a while now and you inspired me to get moving after seeing yours yesterday. Please feel free to share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks Laura!!!

    ReplyDelete